Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fire Cube = Success!

So incredibly awesome! We all got together to have an inaugural fire and enjoy some s'mores.




Since it sits a few feet above the ground, we got to watch the fire burn from underneath. Very cool and a unique view.

I'm so happy with how it turned out and the fact that so many of our farm community came to help celebrate. I can't wait for many more nights around the old cube, especially as the weather starts to get colder and the nights a bit darker.

There were some pretty awesome things that worked out well that I hadn't planned (or... I mean, I did...). Such as, getting to watch the fire from underneath, the perfect height at which to roast a marshmallow, the fact that it's raised off the ground so the smoke doesn't get in your eyes and the light shining through the pumpkin is orange. So perfect, if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment