Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Just Couldn't Make This Up


The scene? The home garden on Monday afternoon as I obsessed about when the tomatoes would ripen.

What happened? A number of buzzards were circling over the field and Emily, Sophia and Caitlin went to check it out. Theo and I stayed behind to keep working. A few minutes later, dark shapes flew overhead and Theo told me to duck. I heard a few wet splats and when I looked up, the buzzards had dropped meat all around us.

Definitely one of the stranger experiences of my life as I stood there with chunks of meat next to me in the grass. I'm happy that not only did the meat not hit us or any of the crops around us, but that I had someone to share the moment with. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have been able to believe it actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment