Sunday, September 11, 2011

Graduation!

Let's start with the sad part: the tomatoes just couldn't handle all the rain. They are ghosts of their former glory. It's kind of ok at this point, because with Fall coming I'm excited for some pumpkin soup and roasted winter squash. That is the joy of seasonal eating.


There was a huge party at the farm with all our friends and families for graduation. My Mom and Dad and Rebecca and Anthony all came to help us celebrate. We kicked off the afternoon pressing cider in the orchard.


Mom helped take the leftovers down to the pigs. They were so excited! (And huge!)


I think the most amazing skill anyone has learned this year is the rare ability to levitate pitch forks. Theo is obviously a master.


We all sat on hay bales (and were given the above pitchforks as a present) for a wonderful ceremony full of poems, thank yous and a violin duet by Emily and Rebekah.


We made Sara a cake for her birthday on Tuesday.


I put a rabbit on it in honor of the angora rabbit she has taken care of over the last year.


Post graduation on the tractor!

With Maggie's Field in the background.


And our diplomas!


And the best graduation presents ever! Sweatshirts for our new farm. I'll post more about this soon, I promise!


Dad, who used to be a welder, checking out my fire cube with me.


And finally, the T-Rex that Betsy and Sarah gave Theo as a graduation present with the Prosecco from Rebecca and Anthony. You can also see Theo's bingo card from Thursday night with Josh, Stephen and Justin on the coffee table as well.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! i'm so proud of you both! Your legacy tomato plants are growing many mini tomatoes in my yard! It's taking over!

    ReplyDelete