Saturday, September 24, 2011

Two Gross Things

One peaceful afternoon at the farm, I was sitting around with most of the group cleaning garlic. Sophia comes into the lower barn to find me and tell me that I need to take Theo to the hospital. Theo doesn't really like the hospital- his words to me once were 'don't ever, ever take me there, no matter what', so I was a bit surprised at Sophia's declaration. I head up the driveway to find him bleeding all over the grass from an incredibly deep cut on his finger. How'd he do it? Sharpening the scythe. Very grim reaper-esque, if you ask me.

So we headed off to Athol Memorial Hospital, a wonderful, quite little place down the road from the farm and they fixed him up.



I, of course, thought the excitement was over for the day. We got ice cream cones, because what trip to the hospital shouldn't end with an ice cream cone, and drove back to the farm. We pulled up and found The Grossest Bug Ever lying under the maple tree behind the farm house. It was so big the chickens wouldn't eat it and I don't blame them.



No comments:

Post a Comment